Director Sales - Central Region
Eaton’s Electrical Group has an opening for a Director Sales – Central Region in our Grand Rapids, MI location.
The Director Sales will lead, manage and direct the sales activities for the Eaton Electrical Sector's Residential and Wiring Devices Division (RWD) business unit, providing leadership to the sales team and associated support functions. This leader will also provide connectivity from field sales to the RWD business unit and provide inspirational leadership while creating passion around the synergy of the New Eaton residential package. This leader will have a team of direct reports responsible for RWD agent management, synergy sales, specification and demand creation through specific segments. This position requires coaching, directing and training sales professionals in their respective assignments to succeed at managing and developing their customer base, leveraging internal and external sales resources, driving products and the channel to market in order to achieve market share gains, support price attainment goals and support strategic initiatives throughout the zone.
The Sales Leader will also have functional responsibility for the current NAS Resi and RLC Resi loaded sales resources creating a matrixed environment that allows RWD to capitalizes on market opportunities across the business. This leader will report to the RWD VP of Sales and functionally report to the Zone Director. The incumbent shall be the Sales Director for RWD sales in their zone and therefore have responsibility to ensure that Eaton meets the agreed budget targets for sales growth while applying Eaton standard work practices.
- Analyze of market data, trends, and customer needs in order to align with executive management concerning market opportunities, threats and along with that long term organizational strategy and to implement operational plans to execute the sales strategy.
- Maintain and build relations with important market parties, internal sales organizations, business units and branch organizations.
- Assess the effects of changes within the organizational strategy and acting upon them.
- Determine strategic direction in collaboration with the Zone, District and Area Sales Management Team
- Manage sales plans by developing and assigning individual or team targets and supporting and motivating sales representatives in achieving their plans.
- Create analysis, reporting evaluation and development of KPI’s aligned to the Profit Plan and Strategic Plan for short, mid and long term adjustments.
- Negotiate and influence at executive and management level to implement programs that grow RWD share
- Support sales managers in but also partly leading (key) customer negotiations.
- Initiate, develop and implement sales oriented customer events, activities, campaigns, company and product presentations and trade fairs.
- Focus on developing and winning new customers across our businesses.
- Initiate collaborations in sales activities within Eaton, resulting in synergy sales and new business.
- Create a synergistic matrixes organization that promotes the totality of the New Eaton Residential package in the market
- Lead up, down and across functions and reporting structures to gain share and market strength.
- Create strategic plans as well as become responsible to implement product line initiatives and product launches
- Build close relationships with key customers and distributors to enhance sales volume
- Understand electrical products and their competitive position within the zone
- Identify, analyze, select, and continuously improve the zones various channels to market and RWD share
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, and continuously improve organizational capabilities of sales personnel.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in electrical industry
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Knowledge of electrical products and distribution channels and well as NEMRA agents
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate customer needs across functions
- Experience planning and managing the sales resources to assure adequate coverage is applied to major, new and existing customer accounts
- Knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations, and personnel development
- Demonstrates time management, presentation, interpersonal and communication, and teamwork skills
- Direct Sales and Agent Management experience preferred
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be located in Eaton’s Grand Rapids, MI location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time