Eaton’s Finance division is currently seeking a VAT Senior Accountant to join our team. This position is based at our Mexico City Office.
The VAT Senior Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Latin American excluding Brazil (all Spanish speaking countries) Value Added Tax (VAT) Center of Excellence (COE) and reports to VAT COE Manager. Supervises a team of 2 VAT accountants. Approve, review, analyze, reconcile and archive the VAT return and VAT Refund request and all of its working papers. Also, provides VAT advisory and supports compliance processes.
The VAT COE supports the Eaton companies in preparing, reviewing and submitting of the VAT returns and VAT Refund request in an optimal and compliant way for Latin America region (Spanish speaking countries only) covering 15 countries and territories with more than $3,5 billion of sales and a VAT liability of $560MM.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
Responsibility Indirect Tax Compliance for Latin America (Spanish speaking countries only) legal entities. Details responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the operating finance teams to coordinate and collect the necessary financial information needed to prepare the indirect tax refunds associated with the operations.
- Coordinate data collection and analyze VAT returns and additional necessary reports from AR, AP, GL to detect non-compliance items.
- Proposal and follow up with operations and tax management VAT adjustments that should be considered before filing VAT refund.
- Supervise the preparation, revision and filing of VAT Refund Requests and additional indirect tax declarations.
- Ensure electronic archiving of the documents to support the VAT refunds and other indirect tax declaration, required to attend Tax authorities audits.
- Build capability on the VAT refunds team by the constant training, coaching and support.
- Build and document internal processes and controls regarding the VAT refunds for standardization purposes.
- Report, follow up and assurance to meet VAT refunds and other Indirect Tax assigned goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, identify issues, identify or develop solutions and then to implement them
- Ability to work under pressure
- A focus on continual improvement of processes
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- A willingness to take ownership of issues and to drive solutions into businesses
- Experience with various ERP systems and implementations
- Developed sense of urgency
- Strong analytical abilities
- Mexican and Latin American VAT experience recommended
- SAP/Oracle experience would be desirable.
- SOX/IA experience would be desirable.
1) VAT refunds team still on stabilization, thus, the candidate will have significant opportunity to grow and develop based on his own performance, input, and initiative.
2) VAT refunds process it is a repetitively process, and the candidate must turn the routing in an exciting and satisfying experience to the team.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time