Customer Order Engineer
- You will maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities, practices, market conditions, and channels.
- You will provide engineering functions in support of product marketing, manufacturing, and sales in line with company and product line objectives.
- You will serve as primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and solutions to complex customer problems.
- You will review and analyze product configurations and components, design circuits, perform engineering calculations, and provide input to other departments including drafting, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel.
- You will participate in company activities such as product design, market and product improvements, productivity, quality and safety improvements.
- You will participate in customer project review/drawing approval meetings.
- You will perform other related activities and special projects as assigned.
- You will support other members of the team as needed. Participate and lead customer inspections and witness tests.
- You will provide project management status of orders to meet OTP objectives, reduce cycle times, manage changes to order requirements and assist with product warranty.
- You will comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Omaha, NE, will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience with PLC or relay programming
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years’ experience designing Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Strong analytical, presentation and customer service skills
- Previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- EERP knowledge and experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No