Engineering Team Manager
- Performs design, modeling, simulation and implementation of power electronics circuits for power conversion and protection
- Develops the technical requirements for and identify components for the designs
- Creates technical reports and presentations
- Leads and directs a team of engineers and projects to achieve stated goals and objectives
- Monitors and reports overall performance of a team and projects. Creates performance based culture encouraging the team to develop measureable goals and objectives that support PE CoE strategies.
- Works with PE CoE manager to attracts, coaches, and mentors team members and strengthens technical capability of the team
- Supports the PE CoE manager to develop strategy, direction, and priorities. Creates action plans to drive strategies to realization.
- Supports the PE CoE manager and Business Unit (BU) engineering leaders in the development of technology roadmaps, project pipeline, detailed project plans, and value proposition
- Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive adoption of platforms, common designs, and state-of-the art design methodologies like model-based control development using MIL and HIL.
- Drives engineering excellence both in PE CoE and the BU’s teams.
- Stays current with the latest power electronics technologies and business trends, applies knowledge to power conversion and protection applications, and creates new opportunities
- Partners with the Corporate Research and Technology (CRT) to develop a longer-term research portfolio for power electronics
- Bachelors’ in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of related engineering experience in power electronics designs and product development
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading people
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Understanding of electrical power distribution, protection and switching such as circuit breakers and contactors
- Experience in power electronics virtual prototyping and Multiphysics simulation
- Experience working in diverse cultural situations with global customers and team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering processes
- Design for Six Sigma certification
- Proven track record of leadership skills and technical capability
- Good understanding of power semiconductors, magnetics design, EMC/EMI design practices, and PCBA design practices
- Significant modeling, simulation, and analysis experience with tools like Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, and PSIM
- Hands on experience with power converter development and testing
- Broad knowledge in power electronics designs including topology, analog/digital circuit, thermal management, control, and firmware
- Self-motivated and goal oriented and good communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative orientation, the ability to succeed in a highly team oriented, global, and diverse environment.
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Desire for innovation, new product development, program management … to make what matters work!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time