Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Service Group is currently seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia facility.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible to have a thorough knowledge of all standard panel board, control product and some custom product assemblies and all related materials required to complete the assembly.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review upcoming orders and ensure production dates are maintained.
- You will read and interpret drawings.
- You will assemble components ensuring proper torque of bus and phase connectors.
- You will be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly by conducting inspections for conformance to drawings and specifications, functional operation and appearance and making mechanical adjustments as needed.
- You will checks electrical/mechanical performance of completed components to ensure compliance to quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- You will work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
- You will use various fixtures, gauges, and
assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 80Km of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia will be considered.
- Experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment will be an asset, but not necessary as training will be provided.
- Prior experience in an electrical industry will be an asset, but not necessary as training will be provided.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
- Knowledge / experience with hand and power tools
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate continuous learning through cross training, learning new skills, refreshing prior skills.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”v
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No