Sr. Analyst – UC Support
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a UC Support Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are — it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The role offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
Provide level 1 and 2 operational support and level 3 issues as required.
- Expertise on different PBX servers especially Cisco Call Manager.
Experience on Unified Communications, Voice & Voice Mail, Email, IM.
Able to support small and medium sized projects independently following ProLaunch (Internal to Eaton) methodology.
- Knowledge of functionality and benefits of voice core.
- Knowledge of network architecture design principles, best practices etc.
- Knowledge of platform systems like UCS, VM and storage.
- Knowledge and experience in Cisco Unified Contact Center platforms in a Support position
- Experience in moves/adds/changes (MAC) in large Cisco Call Manager environments
- Skill in effectively serving a diverse customer base
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and customer
- Ability to effectively work as interpreter between Chinese speaking customer and management/other IT support functions.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
Incident receipt/documenting/resolution/escalation for Voice & Collaboration services in “follow-the-sun” support model.
Be able to lead conference calls, web exchanges, and meetings and provide detailed information, task follow-up, and guidance for all support related issues.
- Be able to provide clear and concise incident and problem escalation communications to the support and engineering teams for resolution of infrastructure issues, outages, incidents, and ongoing problems.
Support QOS and trending of Remedy ticket information (e.g, monthly operational reviews).
- Provide the ability to communicate and effectively manage thru Eaton Corporation’s horizontally organized Global UC operational support model as it evolves a “follow the sun” support model.
Strong knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Unity, Jabber, IPCC (UCCE/UCCX) and associated Voice Applications.
IP Telephony systems administration, configuration, and implementation
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, VoIP and WAN networks
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Excellent troubleshooting skill
- Strong communications skills
- 5+ years consulting experience with Cisco products
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent
- CCNP-Voice (CCVP)- REQUIRED at a minimum
- CCNP Voice - a plus
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time