Lead Analyst - IT (Disaster Recovery)
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Architecture, Governance & Security COE (AGSCOE) to assist the Disaster Recovery process owner by providing guidance, coaching and assistance to Disaster Recovery plan owners and other stakeholders in crafting and updating the Disaster Recovery plans. The position duties include training, scheduling, and plan reviews. The candidate must have a solid knowledge of Eaton’s technology environment and understanding of business functions to assess actual or potential impact. The position also requires off-hours availability to respond to potential and actual disaster recovery situations, with the requirement to have laptop and communication capabilities during on-call periods to facilitate recovery efforts.
· Work with stakeholders to create an enterprise schedule of Disaster Recovery plan updates for the upcoming year
· Track plan progress toward completion, and send reminders and status updates on a regular basis
· Identify roadblocks and escalate issues as needed
· Review plans with Plan Owners and other stakeholders
· Assist with the development and maintenance of the Disaster Recovery Process and associated documentation
· Respond to Disaster recovery notifications and assess criticality of a situation, and determined actual or potential impact
· Coordinate disaster recovery meetings as needed and facilitate
· Oversee and track recovery efforts to completion
· Do post-incident assessment and reporting as requested
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience using the application and business process.
· Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience (overall 10+ years) to include a solid understanding of Eaton’s IT environment and infrastructure.
· Understanding of Disaster recovery concepts.
· Working knowledge of ITIL Processes.
· Good business and analytical skill for complex problem solving, demonstrated ability to understand business problems and to use analytical skills to research and resolve.
· Experience interfacing with all levels of IT professionals and business customers.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders. Demonstrated proficiency in meeting facilitation
· Strong organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize and multitask
· Excellent analysis and documentation skills.
· Excellent communication (English oral and written) and presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to critically assess information for relevance, accuracy and feasibility
· Experience developing or testing disaster recovery plans
· Remedy user experience (or equivalent industry tool)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only