NDT Technician -Quality
Reporting to the Internal Coordinator The Level II Technician will be performing calibrations, Non-destructive Tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. Level II Technicians are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Level II Technicians are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used and should exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of Trainees. Level II Technicians organise and report results of NDT.
· Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment.
· Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection.
· Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
· Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
· Perform specialised inspections.
· May instruct and supervise others.
· Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
· Interface daily with the Team Leader about work priorities.
· Actively participate in improvement programs.
· Work closely with Team Leader to identify and remove obstacles
· Actively participate in safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Understands the application of the tools at hand to maximise the efficiency and quality of inspections. Seeks new technology and opportunities.
Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Responds well to questions; Practices active listening; exhibits discretion.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Able to approach/evaluate a problem from many angles.
Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Able to absorb and process information quickly.
Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Conducts themselves in a professional manner; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes honest and open feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and support group commitments to goals and objectives.
Works to fully understand and implement company policies and procedures; Supports organisation’s goals and values; Supports a respectful workplace and respects diversity; Provides feedback and strives for continual improvement.
Prioritises and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; Actively searches out and implements solutions.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Takes the lead and leads by example.
· NDT Level II Certification (PT/MT) – minimum 5 years (aerospace preferred)
· RT Certification are a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections.
· Strong work ethic.
· Exceptional safety and quality awareness.
· Mechanical aptitude.
· Adaptable to changing schedules.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Team work.
· Ability to follow directions and procedures.
· Detail oriented.
Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity and colour vision.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time