Senior Product Engineer
- Proactively coordinate with resources such as internal and external test labs, quality, supply chain, and manufacturing engineering to achieve the IPT or related team goals.
- Guide less experienced members of the global team as needed to build organizational capability across the engineering team.
- Drive failure analysis investigations and troubleshoot design and production issues as necessary.
- Generate and review documents including cost estimates, appropriation requests, project schedules, design guides and manuals, standard work, operating manuals, and technical reports.
- Understand and incorporate external industry and technological trends into relevant projects where able.
- Provide leadership, auditing, consulting and mentoring to junior technical staff.
- Design using both metallic and non-metallic materials and utilize design trade-offs as appropriate.
- You will lead/support development of new products from concept level, through validation and qualification for aircraft applications, following applicable regulatory and industry standards, PROLaunch and ACES processes.
- You will coordinate responses to sustaining engineering issues, developing timely, cost effective solutions to product life cycle objectives or problems.
- You will guide the development of product concepts, lead or support innovation events, Prelaunch, and iR&D activities.
- You will generate and review engineering inputs to customer proposals, creating solutions and estimating materials, testing costs and Engineering labor.
- You will generate and review mechanical design and dimensional analyses. Review structural, thermal, dynamic, and performance analysis for design validation. Interface effectively with applicable internal resources to accomplish complete product analysis.
- You will author and review test procedures and setups for development, acceptance, and qualification testing are acceptable.
- You will drive failure analysis examinations and Failure Analysis Reports of test findings and field issues.
- You will use project management tools and methods and recognized/sought out for project management expertise.
- You will communicate effectively internationally and at all organizational levels. Support marketing and sales teams with technical presentations on the front end side. Demonstrate leadership behavior through successful consulting, auditing, coaching, and mentoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Materials Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of product engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Beltsville, MD facility will be considered.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Additional Certifications: Lean 6-sigma methods preferred, including Design for Six Sigma (DFSS/SSDD) Green Belt or Black Belt, or Project Management Professional Certification
- 5-10 years of experience in product engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in mechanical design of sealed conveyance components or systems for aircraft (tubes, ducting, rigid and flexible joints and couplers, flanges)
- Product engineering experience at an OE
- Experience in composites design and manufacturing
- Experience in plastics design and manufacturing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time