Job Title: Engineer-Bearing #058798
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer-Bearing within Vehicle Group , based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center within Vehicle Group and primary responsibility of this role is to engineer select & analyze bearing to meet customer specific technical requirements by satisfying cost and timeline requirement for commercial vehicle applications
Your essential responsibilities:
• Develops value added technical Bearing solutions for Transmission development projects based upon a technical knowledge and awareness of customer needs in Region and Global.
• Evaluates product performance and life expectations through engineering calculations. Leverage analytical techniques viz. Structural, Vibration and Plant Modelling from other departments.
• Builds and maintains relationships with Commercial Powertrain North America, global CoE, external customers, suppliers, and other functional groups
• Utilizes DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
• Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
• Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & participates in supplier reviews.
• Drives innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
If you are:
Minimum education for this position is Masters in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in technical engineering organization.
3-5 years of experience with multinational engineering organization
Vehicle industry exposure and experience.
Hand on experience on design and development of Bearings for transmission and sub-systems
In-depth knowledge of Bearing application for truck transmissions & its sub system & components.
- Experience with CAD & good understanding of FEA (Structure & Vibration) methods for analyzing results.
- Basic knowledge of bearing manufacturing process & standards.
- Strong analytical skills in mechanical component design
- Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time