Product Engineering Technician
- You will use Computer Aided Design (CAD) develop schematics, wiring diagrams, motions, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design.
- You will make customer approval drawings, schematics, outline drawings based on bill of material and marked input documents from Customer Order Engineer/Specialist.
- You will assist in preparing mechanical views (elevation, plan, section) based on input from product engineering.
- You will revise and make assembly drawings, including wiring diagrams, based on approved customer drawings and instructions from the Customer Order Engineer/Specialist.
- Prior to designing wiring, you will arrange components to insure physical fit in the space defined. Provide low voltage compartment layouts of wireway and devices. Provide device mounting hole locations and pattern on back pan drawing and create punch files for fabrication.
- You will daily maintain/update data in individual schedule to stay on track for start and finish dates. Report progress.
- You will calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights, electrical circuit parameters and similar items. Anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement problems and develop design solutions.
- You will complete the drafting work and be responsible for the quality of all assigned drawing types pertinent to design of customer order project.
- You will consult with customer order engineer/specialist or product engineering on problems relating to a design or customer order project. Consult with other departments as required to obtain or provide information.
- You will check work to assure conformance with Edmonton Plant's quality standards.
- You will support plant cost reduction objectives.
- Minimum 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Edmonton, AB facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Experience in manufacturing, wiring, or CAD drafting and design
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques. Can troubleshoot customer or manufacturing problems in the data gathering mode and seek guidance for solutions.
- An understanding of math, physics, and electrical theory is required.
- Must have understanding of AutoCAD (preferred ACAD 2013 or later) and basic drafting principles.
- Competency in Microsoft Office software
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No