Customer Order Engineer
- You will provide negotiation product application and design support.
- You will review incoming orders for scope, application, configuration accuracy and compliance to customer specifications.
- You will prepare accurate electrical/mechanical input engineering documents and instructions for preparation of approval, confirmation, construction, manufacturing and as-built drawings. Efficiently creates own ACAD drawings as required.
- You will ensure that output documents match customer requirements on assigned projects.
- You will demonstrate competency to read and create electrical (three-line/power-flow/schematics/wiring) and mechanical (various views of assemblies, layouts) drawings.
- You will perform peer review of assigned product line drawings according to Eaton standards.
- You will conduct interim and final product inspections.
- You will lead customer inspection and witness test.
- You will drive quality, standardization, cycle time reduction, cost reduction and on time performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Edmonton, AB facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience in a power distribution equipment manufacturing plant environment
- Experience with Oracle or SAP manufacturing systems.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards (IEEE/ANSI, CSA) for 7.2KV motor control, 0.6KV through 38KV metal-enclosed and metal-clad switchgear is preferred.
- Competency in MS-Office, AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor (or equivalent).
- Self-motivated, energetic and capable of working in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts would be an asset.
- Prior negotiation and marketing experience would be an asset.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No