Supplier Development Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Supplier Development Engineer to join our team. This position is based at one of our multiple regions on the West coast, East coast and South East Coast in the US.
This position will be responsible for the deployment of supplier development and improvement processes across the Eaton Aerospace supply chain to achieve improvement in both Quality and Delivery performance, and enhance supplier capabilities to meet future business needs.
• Works directly with suppliers where Quality or Delivery performance, or business risk demands robust corrective action and improvement. Utilizes expertise and a wide range of tools to identify and lead improvement actions including Problem Solving, Auditing, Material Management, and Load & Capacity planning.
• Conducts initial Supplier Site Assessments (SSA) to evaluate risk with New Suppliers prior to their addition to the ASL
• Performs capability (Product, Process, Materials Management) assessments and where necessary, Special Process Audits with key suppliers to evaluate the application of advanced quality tools, manufacturing capabilities, material management, and lean maturity. Supports the development of subsequent improvement plans and coordinates milestones & completion of actions against an agreed project charter.
• Assesses Production Rate Readiness with suppliers that are undergoing significant industrial transfers to ensure risks are understood, and coordinates the timely completion of actions to eliminate supply chain disruption.
• Actively supports supply chain cost-out projects and new product introduction by working closely with suppliers from development through to production launch, ensuring compliance to process, and coordinating on time submission of FAI’s or PPAPs as required.
• Coaches suppliers in the deployment of key business processes such as 8D Problem Solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SIOP and Material Management.
• Monitors performance, communicates expectations and required actions for all assigned suppliers. Supports & protects the Business as a Voting Member on Divisional Gate Reviews.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or supply chain management
- Basic knowledge of quality systems (ISO/TS16949, AS9100), methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
· No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing on the West
Coast, East Coast and Mid-South East Coast will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black Belt
- Lead auditor qualification
- Lean training and hands on experience is desirable
- MBA is a plus
Position Success Criteria:
• Typically based in an Eaton site remote from direct supervision. Expected to establish interactions with suppliers, develop and drive action plans and communicate results..
• A balance between strategic thinking/planning skills as well as decisiveness/achieving results
• Solid communication / interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and the ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Provide Leadership in Crisis or Rapid Response Escape Coordination with the Supplier, Customer and Eaton Integrated Project Teams. Ability to articulate technical information feedback status on bottlenecks to Stakeholders into frequent and easy to understand presentations
• Experience and knowledge of the role of Supply Chain & Program Management.
• An awareness of the interactions of discrete functions within a Business.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
• Up-to 60% travel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time