Assembly Operator 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Assembly Operator to join our first shift team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
The Assembler Operator is responsible for preparing the company products for sale. This includes fabricating, building, assembling, and packaging circuit breakers, fuses, fuse holders, and any other products which the company may produce to reach its profit objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will build circuit breakers, fuses, fuse holders, and other company products to specifications.
- You will use hands, general hand tools and assembly machines.
- You will maintain accurate records and follow all safety regulations.
- You will package products and subassemblies for transport.
- You will follow all instructions on waste disposal and participate in a continuous improvement team.
- You will communicate quality issues with other team members and check the quality of their own work.
- You will receive environmental training, and carry out related duties if instructed to do so by supervisor.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates within 50 miles of La Grange, NC will be considered for this position
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Basic shop math, basic computer skills, manual dexterity, safety critical thinking and ability to inspect own work are a must
- Lifting requirements up to 35lbs daily
- Long periods of standing time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No