Eaton’s eMobility division has an opening for a Marketing Analyst. This position will be located at our Tualatin Oregon facility.
The Marketing Analyst will be required to drive quantitative and qualitative marketing & sales analysis, tools/reports development and recommendations through resourceful identification and compilation of data and information.
Marketing & Sales analysis will include analysis of sales, profitability, market conditions of various business segments, competitor analysis, market share analysis, pricing actions and the design and development of sales reporting/tools.
This position must continuously question, analyze, evaluate and refine information received from multiple sources in order to present findings in a cohesive and actionable format.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support the commercial team by developing reports used to evaluate sales/market trends, top customer analysis, pricing opportunities and other key indicators
- You will help assist in data collection/validation for the SIP process
- You will support the business leadership team with reporting, analysis, and business presentations in support of divisional strategy and initiatives.
- You will deliver market trend analysis utilizing key market indicators and market trend reports.
- You will deliver analysis, insight and recommendations regarding sales trends, macro-economic trends and consumer trends that affect the near-term and long-term strategy of the business.
- You will perform competitor performance analysis, Quarterly review of competitor earnings call with key summaries.
- You will establish relevant product market baskets by product line and evaluate changes in mix by customer, agent, region, etc. monthly.
- You will identify, jointly with sales department, specific problems or areas that may require research support.
- You will assist in defining targeted sales segments based on key performance factors and other characteristics.
- You will perform secondary research using published data by trade associations, magazine articles, and research reports.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in marketing, customer support, technical sales role, operations, data analytics or project management
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Tualatin will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or marketing from an accredited institution is preferred
- MBA is preferred
- 1 year commercial experience is preferred
- Experience with SAP ERP systems in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Proficiency with Excel is preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time