Eaton’s Electronics Business division is currently seeking a Materials Engineer to join their team. This position is based out of our Pleasanton, CA location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Materials Engineer will be responsible for developing, designing, characterizing and identifying materials for passive components and systems. They will also integrate passive components into new platforms and new products from high level concept to development and implementation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and design materials and processes for electronic passive components.
- You will develop passive component integration and packing solutions from high level design concepts to validation and implementation.
- You will build prototypes.
- You will contribute to company intellectual property through invention disclosures.
- You will interface with global design team, product management team, and manufacturing team to coordinate and support product launch.
- You will do a failure analysis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years of hands on experience with analytical equipment such as DSC, TGA, and FTIR etc.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering or Physics preferred
- Understanding of materials related to engineering theory and principles of design.
- Knowledge of magnetic components and/or energy storage components is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ELXD Electronics Business
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time