Eaton’s Power Motion Control Division within the Hydraulics Group is seeking a Plant Controller. The Plant Controller will be based at our Shawnee, OK facility.
The Plant Controller serves as the finance business partner to the plant management team, providing timely and accurate financial information and direction to drive management action. The Plant Controller is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the financial department and the various systems & processes within this discipline, ensuring compliance to corporate financial policies, GAAP, and legal requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a business partner, reviewing forecasts and actual performance of financial results, business drivers, and operational metrics and deriving forward-looking insights to drive management actions to improve operational and financial results.
- You will ensure accounting and financial reporting is in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Eaton Financial policies. Review and reconcile general ledger accounts to ensure proper documentation and adequate funding of accruals through account review and research of transactions.
- You will coordinate and execute month-end closing activities including the completion of all needed journal entries, maintain accuracy of general ledger, and balancing of inter-company receivables/payables.
- You will develop and coordinate plant profit plans, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals, financial reconciliations, and reports for plant management, including variance analysis and cost control reporting and recommendations.
- You will review and maintain fixed assets subsidiary records insuring proper documentation, reporting requirements, fixed tag listings, movement, and disposal of assets with proper documentation and authorization.
- You will manage capital spending within profit plan and forecast targets. Provide insightful business case review and guidance to project teams and managers to better evaluate each projects value and return.
- You will ensure that all business related activities are conducted within the guidelines of Eaton Corporation financial policies and procedures and that all internal controls therein adhere to Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Adhere to and comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 year experience in accounting or finance is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate financial policies, procedures, and systems.
- Systems skills/experience desired: Oracle Financials, MfgPro ERP and Longview Solutions Khalix. Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong manufacturing accounting background and solid understanding of financial accounting systems
- Problem-solving capability
- Technical capability to prepare, review, and interpret financial and operations data/reports
- Solid working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Working knowledge of pronouncements of external regulatory bodies, such as Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, etc. Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge
- Advanced skills in Excel and working ability in all Microsoft Office Professional Suite software
- Continuously re-assesses the organization’s skills, abilities to meet the business needs and drive results
- Effectively leverages functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet goals.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen. Acts as a business partner sees the big picture
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of employees in a multi-tasking environment. Organizational skills required to deal with multiple “high priority” duties; project management experience beneficial.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time