Human Resources Coordinator (Temporary - 6 months)
Eaton is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator (Temporary – 6 months) to join our team! The Human Resources Coordinator position will be located in Milton, Ontario.
This position will support, coordinate and monitor full scope of human resources activities and services for Milton, LVDA under the direction of the Human Resources Manager. Specific responsibilities include payroll, staffing, employee relations, inclusion & diversity, metrics and training and development.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support the HR Manager with the implementation of strategic initiatives to build organizational capability by attracting, developing and retaining top talent for all jobs (Salaried and Manufacturing classifications).
- Manage local time and attendance program for overtime and absences via ADP system. Provide reports for Burlington Payroll on a monthly basis.
- Support the managers with the annual performance review and merit process (APEX) for Manufacturing and Office Employees by communicating with key internal stakeholders, training employees and managers in APEX system and developing SMART goals, and monitoring completed reviews.
- Maintain, update and deliver the New Hire Orientation Program for both agency and full-time employees.
- Evaluate existing training programs and other key training initiatives and revise as necessary.
- Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying Human Resources tools to improve organization performance through enhanced employee engagement and manager effectiveness while ensuring legal compliance.
- Support HR Manager with employee investigations and provide recommendations for resolutions.
- Monitor employee attendance and work with management to initiate counseling sessions.
- Manage the Intern/Co-Op hiring process including on-site interviews with the University.
- Complete other HR administrative duties/projects as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of Human Resources experience in a similar role.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 km radius of the Milton, ON facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to make recommendations by using sound, independent judgment.
- Ability to get results with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- CHRP Certification in progress an asset.
- Previous HR Co-op or Intern experience a plus.
- Experience in Electrical, Engineering or Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to partner with all levels of leadership and consistently achieve results through self & others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong analytical skills and an objective and collaborative approach to problem solving.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No