Supply Chain Co-Op (Spring)
- You will gain invaluable hands-on supply chain experience in a professional setting, with the opportunity to lead projects and work with global and cross functional teams
- You will support SCM or Materials project teams with key activities through development phases (inception to full-scale production). These activities could include:
- Planning and tracking capital expenditures & cost savings
- Generating and submitting requests for quotes (RFQ) and cost estimates to supply base
- Issuing purchase requisitions and tracking requisition status
- Maintaining RFQ / Cost Estimate logs to ensure proper tracking and timely follow up
- Managing Purchase Order (PO) status and communicate and follow up on past due PO's
- Supporting program launches and special projects associated with new product development
- Managing commodity and/or global sourcing and supplier performance
- Collaborating and communicating with various teams to report out project status utilizing existing or new tracking tools
- You will have the opportunity to lead or support development and implementation of selected SCM processes, tools, data management, and analysis
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering at an accredited institution.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI will be considered for this position.
- GPA of 3.00 or better required
- Previous internships or co-ops in Materials or SCM preferred
- Leadership in school or community organizations preferred
- It is preferred that candidates have completed at least the first year of their degree program
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time