Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Shenandoah, IA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will oversee the development, implementation, and administration of human resource policies, strategies and services for the facility which will maintain a positive employee relations climate that is in concert and compatible with corporate goals.
- You will foster an environment that maintains positive employee relations
- You will administer and interprets plant policies and procedures, maintain Business Partner Guidebook, consistently strive for consistent application of Eaton’s Values and Philosophy
- Coordinates plant communication efforts
- You will advise employees on matters of mutual concern to business partner and company
- You will oversee Workers Compensation and leave programs
- You will maintain relevant HR metrics
- You will provide guidance & direction to supervisors and managers on employee relations and HR matters
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required
- Minimum 2 years of human resources generalist experience with at least one year in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Experience with positive employee relations and programs
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Analytical skills
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
- Achieves plant compliance with governmental regulations pertaining to Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act
- Coordinates and executes new hire orientation and onboarding
- Manages OJT (On the Job Training) for all production roles
- Provides direction for continual ongoing training programs for all associates and provide effective programs for employee involvement
- Upholds and promotes Eaton’s Leadership Attributes
- Manages and maintains the APEX for Manufacturing process
- Supports the facilities employee engagement survey initiatives
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, labor Relations or Business Administration
- 5+ years of human resources generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time