Senior Analyst - QA Test Automation
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
• Key member of dynamic Global QA team working as a part of cross-functional enterprise IT project teams
• The position involves defining automation approach, designing automation solutions, creating plans, developing and maintaining reusable automation frameworks, create and review automated scripts and maintaining status for projects.
• Independently perform project and testing governance related activities including review of requirements, test artifacts, creation and distribution of test reports for assigned projects
• Effectively collaborate with software developers, project managers, database administrators, Business Analysts, Architects in a rapid software development environment to deploy quality products on time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Understand and effectively analyze automation and functional requirements.
• Understand test strategy, test plan and contribute in executing the same.
• Conduct automation analysis (Scope, ROI etc.) and define automation approach
• Contribute in defining and maintaining automation framework for creating reusable and modular automated scripts
• Create, review and maintain automated test scripts, test data and execute test cases/scripts
• Create traceability matrix between requirements and testing artifacts and ensure optimum test coverage.
• Analyze and report results of test execution
• Work with cross-functional project teams throughout the test lifecycle i.e. getting functional requirements, preparing test plans, creating scripts, reviewing scripts, executing scripts, analyze results, test reporting and test closure
• Create and maintain test data
• Identify, log defects and participate in defect triaging
• Identify and raise the potential risk and issues in time
• Create and distribute QA status reports, test closure reports
• Capture data for standard QA metrics
• Make effective use of Eaton standard processes and tools for testing activities
• Build and share domain/technical knowledge across the team/group
• Participate in Continuous improvement initiatives related to processes or policies impacting QA for the applications/projects/enterprise.
- Strong experience and capabilities in creating and maintaining various automation frameworks such as Data Driven, Modular, Key word driven etc.
- Experience in conducting automation feasibility analysis and defining automation approach
- Strong experience and capabilities in creating, maintaining and executing automated test scripts
- Strong understanding of various software development and testing methodologies.
- Experience in testing and/or automating ERP application (such as SAP, MFGPro etc.) and HTML, Flash applications is strongly desired.
- Working understanding of integration with Jenkins, HP Kintana etc. is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong communications and business presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time