- You will manage and execute facility related projects via timelines and applicable project management tools.
- You will provide capital equipment input for plant capital ( infrastructure ) plan.
- You will evaluate, specify and implement the operation and upgrades for new and existing equipment.
- You will initiate purchases for materials and equipment for facility operations.
- You will support other key plant processes and provide cross-functional support as directed by Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- You will manage and maintain HVAC, compressed air, plumbing, lighting, electrical, gas and other key facility support systems in conjunction with ATS, contractors and facility technicians.
- You will interact with and provide guidance to the ATS maintenance contractor with respect to facility maintenance and facility projects to include prioritization, scheduling, coordination, execution and billing.
- You will plan and control expenditures for the facility programs and maintain applicable records. Prepare reports on new methods.
- You will deploy EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) initiatives in support of a Zero Incident Culture
- You will implement Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) tools.
- You will foster a culture that promotes the Eaton Quality System and Eaton Leadership Model.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in facility maintenance/engineering
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing people and/or leading project teams
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years experience in facility maintenance/engineering capacity.
- 3 years experience managing people and/or leading project teams
- Effective communication skills (written &verbal) required
- Ability to manage conflict while maintaining a professional posture
- Must be responsive and able to address emergency actions in support of a 24/7 manufacturing operation
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic manufacturing tools such as Lean, Six-Sigma, problem solving/decision making.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to support customer and manufacturing requirements
- Ability to influence without authority
- Proficiency with Auto Cad
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time