Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking an Operational Excellence Manager to join the team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The OpEx Manager is responsible for partnering with other functional managers to deliver facility safety, manufacturing process improvement, operational cost reduction, and successful new product introduction. In this position, you will report to the Plant Manager and oversee the site’s Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance, and Tool Room functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will implement Operations Excellence (OPEX) structure to support strategic initiatives and short- and long-range business plan
· You will build CIF ELSS culture by and employee engagement through developing awareness and expertise of lean manufacturing concepts and tools at all levels to achieve or exceed High 5 targets (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost), including:
o Leverage MESH EBS tools to implement best safety, environmental practices to drive a zero-incident safety culture
o Drive Operational Assessment (OpA) improvement activities
o Deploy 5S and foster/expand 5S culture
o Implement tools such as PQPR, VSM, 3P, Standard Work, 5S, visual factory, and training best practices
o Promote a culture of systematic problem solving (PDCA) to improve manufacturing and non-manufacturing processes with data-driven decision making
o Drive quality best practices, leading indicators, including PPAP toolset
o Utilize ProLaunch process for strategic projects
· You will develop and report-out on metrics and goals for verification of OpEx functional performance
· You will lead the OPEX team in utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model to effectively communicate requirements and expectations
· You will build OpEx organizational capabilities in manufacturing engineering best-practices for process design, including machines, controls, tooling, fixturing, and data management.
· You will manage departmental budgets for Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance, and Tool Room
· You will identify and resolve cross-functional roadblocks
· Bachelors of Science required from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality, continuous improvement and/or lean manufacturing
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manager-of-people role
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or or aerospace engineering
- Proven ability to lead change in a team-based, cross-functional, matrixed environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization from production associates to corporate leaders
- Proven strategic planning, project management, and operational execution capabilities
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach to problem solving, decision making
- Demonstrated success in building organizational capability
- Certified in Lean manufacturing, Certified Quality Engineer / Manager, Six Sigma Black belt, PMP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time