Manufacturing Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will partner with all other operations management to deliver NPI, cost reduction, process improvement and elimination of waste. This position will oversee the Manufacturing Engineering function.
- You will manage and provide technical leadership for the development and implementation of process techniques and methods to achieve the plant's goals and business objectives.
- You will develop assign, track and review ECO & MCO Implementation tasks & schedule
- You will facilitate and provide coordination for 24 hour TAT on PRB & MRB rejections
- You will lead in the transition of new products into the plant.
- You will track and review progress on cost reduction and quality improvement projects
- You will develop manufacturing technology capabilities, lead the implementation of new technologies and capital expenditure projects, and manage activities to ensure accurate forecast of capacity, cost and lead times is achieved consistently.
- You will manage all process changes within the plant and lead communication initiatives between the plant and customers to resolve technical issues.
- You will implement tools such as; visual factory, value stream mapping, standard work, work instructions and training best practices.
- You will work with cross functional teams to promote a culture of systematic problem solving (PDCA) to improve manufacturing and non-manufacturing processes.
- You will drive employee engagement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical engineering from an accredited school.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Irvine, CA plant will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems
- Certified in Lean manufacturing, Certified Quality Engineer / Manager, Six Sigma Black belt.
- Strong leadership and motivational ability as well as an excellent team player.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, problem solving, decision making and project management skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time