Lead Electrical Engineer - eMobility
- You will guide the most complex technical projects in a self-directed manner, perform assignments with minimal guidance, and understand the business impact of your decisions.
- You will take a systems approach to establishing product requirements, managing risk, testing/evaluating, and ensuring reliability while collaborating cross-functionally to assure successful product/system development, design and implementation.
- You will identify market trends and develop product technology strategies to satisfy the future needs of our customers, while driving profitable business growth.
- You will prepare new project estimates and possess the ability to generate the scope, effort, schedule, risks, product cost, and program costs.
- You will develop and launch new innovative products, using the Eaton PROLaunch stage-gate process, on time, on budget, and to project scope.
- You will complete appropriate technical documentation for your designs including schematics, analysis documentation, PCB layouts, BOMs, DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, theory of operations documents, and users manuals.
- You will guide department growth initiatives, establish efficient processes, bring in new tools, and mentor other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 4 or more years’ experience in product development of electronic and/or electromechanical systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Electronic hardware design—electronics for vehicle electric environments, interconnected products (systems), design strategies for EMC, etc.
- Experience with vehicle electronic systems
- Experience with C and embedded programming a plus
- Good understanding of automotive and commercial vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
- Electronic design tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation (Altium, SPICE, Simplis, Ansys, Matlab/Simulink), PCB layout and design
- Experience with model based design methods a plus
- Software Development tools: (MPLAB, IAR Embedded Workbench, AVR studio, Keil, Microchip and Atmel development tools)
- Microchip, Atmel, ST, TI microprocessor families.
- Creating and maintaining electronic documentation for manufacturing.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and execute development testing (scheduling test labs, designing test equipment, designing and building test harnesses, creating test strategies for both validation and production testing, writing procedures and reports)
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN, CANopen).
- Maintaining various software tools (C compilers, programming environments, programming stations, serial data networks).
- Supervising other engineering tasks (provide design guidance, assembly drawings, PCB layout, software development, validation testing, systems engineering)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time