Operational Excellence Engineering Manager
- Provide leadership for Aerospace Engineering processes standardization and improvements
- Ensure that engineering processes are competitive on a worldwide basis with respect to cost, performance, quality, time-to-market and reliability
- Actively lead improvement projects that result in significant reduction in time-to-market and overall improvements in engineering productivity
- Provide Leadership and is accountable for Engineering Cost Out dollar objectives achievement
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills; ability to effectively present results and recommendations to all levels of the organization to coordinate the approval of project proposals, progress of improvement projects, and acceptance of change throughout the global engineering organization (and stakeholder functions).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of collective experience in existing product engineering, new product introduction engineering, including DFSS, lean engineering, or manufacturing/operations support.
- The individual requires experience in drafting, configuration management, analysis, test and MRB activities.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of the US Aerospace sites: Beltsville, MD; Bethel, CT; Camarillo, CA; Charleston, SC; Rumford/East Providence, RI; Euclid, OH; Fort Worth, TX; Glenolden, PA; Grand Rapids, MI; Irvine, CA; Jackson, MI; Jackson, MS; Los Angeles, CA; Eastanollee/Toccoa, GA; Torrance, CA will be considered
- Advanced degree preferred (MS Engineering/Science or MBA)
- Lean Six Sigma or DFSS, Change Management, Organizational Behavior
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Management of People experience preferred
- Ability to get results and drive change through others
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time