Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Materials Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson,MS location.
Develop processes required to perform all inventory related functions in an efficient and accurate manner. Constantly monitor and analyze all inventory related transactions made in the ERP system. Provide feedback and direction to shop floor supervisors and hourly associates pertaining to processes used to perform inventory related transactions. Provide training for all inventory related transactions as required.
• Analyze data using other programming tools (i.e. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, etc.).
• Continually performs inventory aging analysis and reviews potential excess and obsolete material with the buyer and manages the disposal process.
• Coordinates cycle counting activities.
• Coordinates documentation of new processes with systematic training incorporated to insure
• Continually performs inventory and ABC item stratification analysis to achieve inventory targets while meeting availability goals
• Perform activities and develops processes to reduce inventory to plant target.
• Provides training on inventory procedures and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Minimum one year of manufacturing, supply chain, and/or production experience.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis
• Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
• Knowledge of ERP item parameter set up and inventory control processes
• Program management experience preferred
• Exposure to institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
Experience leading new product development projects
Understanding of fluid conveyance related products, manufacturing techniques, and material science
• Hose, tube, fitting, and coupling design experience is a plus.
Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
• Knowledge of standard manufacturing process, metal forming, assembly/test in an Aerospace environment preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No