Senior Power Systems Controls Engineer - Microgrid
- You will program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) in ladder and structured text.
- You will write and deploy DER (distributed energy resource)/Microgrid operation and control schemes, load shedding/ peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control. Experience with relay logic is a plus
- You will quote general turnkey microgrid control projects (analyze specifications, price all applicable labor and materials, write a proposed scope of work, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with PLC programming and deployment of power automation projects
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Bellevue, WA or Wilsonville, OR facility will be considered.
- Professional Engineering license
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with power system controls
- Experience with structured text programming
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software packages.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to travel up to 50%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time