Technical Documentation Specialist, EatonCare
Eaton is currently seeking a Technical Documentation Specialist for our EatonCare Distribution and Control solutions team. This position will be based out of our Burlington, Ontario Headquarters facility.
The Technical Documentation Specialist is responsible for supporting complex documentation on major and direct projects across Canada. In this role, you will maintain technical documentation databases and utilize various tools and applications to accurately create project documentation.
The Technical Documentation Specialist will demonstrate a leadership role in all documentation related to the project, while communicating with plants, field sales, and assigned customer base regarding the status of project documentation including maintaining Supplier's Drawing and Document Register, meeting Vendor Drawings and Data requirements, and addressing any concerns to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of project documentation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will carry out Vendor Drawings and Data requirements(VDDR) review upfront at order entry. Highlight any scope discrepancies to sales and PMT.
- You will fulfill all project documentation requirements as per project milestones. This includes reviewing and understanding the VDDR, communicating with plant engineering and QA teams, drawing review and submittal, and providing any clarifications. Maintain Supplier's Drawing and Document Register as needed.
- You will retrieve drawings and documents using system tools or procure from plant engineers; review for accuracy and submit to customer’s portal or email as needed.
- You will be responding to requests for documentation promptly.
- You will manage multiple project orders and prioritize time and tasks effectively to serve Eaton’s customers.
- You will maintain the scheduling and tracking of all assigned project order documentation.
- You will communicate effectively with project managers, technical coordinators, plants, field sales, and other internal customers to ensure accurate, on-time delivery of project commitments.
- You will communicate directly with the assigned customer base regarding the status of documentation
- You will interact with Shared Service Center for outsourced services to meet team objectives.
- You will follow Supply Operation and Maintenance Manuals per stipulated timelines and meet/exceed department metrics.
- You will provide technical support on simple projects after 6-9 months of on the job training.
- You will participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve team efficiency.
- You will maintain company objectives throughout the order cycle while keeping logistical, technical, and financial harmony
- You perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards
- Your support documentation on 50-100 active project orders, of varying complexity.
- You will technical support responsibility after 6-9 months of on the job training: 10-20 assigned projects
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year experience working with complex and large projects in the electrical industry, either in project management, sales/quotations, or engineering
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80km of Burlington, ON, will be considered for this position
- P. Eng or C.E.T designation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bilingual in English / French is an asset
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
- Efficient and effective communication skills (verbal and typed)
- Strong analytical approach, detail oriented, and creative problem solving techniques
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient with conflict resolution and interpersonal savvy
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time