Lead Sales Engineer
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division is currently seeking a Lead Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Chandler, AZ facility.
The Lead Sales Engineer’s primary responsibility is to market and sell Eaton’s products and services to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. In this role, you will be expected to achieve electrical distribution and engineering services solutions sales results. This will be expected in the geographic market region consistent with the expectations of seasoned sales professionals. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
The primary functions include: understanding Eaton’s support structure available to sales, working with EatonCare; understanding Eaton proprietary systems and software including Bidmanager and VISTA; applying technical knowledge for all products that are involved with the sales assignment; comprehension of project specifications, electrical one-lines, drawings, and product takeoffs; ability to gain confidence of customers and become a trusted source of information about Eaton offerings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
- You will quote projects and negotiate pricing
- You will prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- You will build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- You will work with factories to resolve technical issues and work with customers to resolve quality issues
- You will canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
- You will assist the team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
- You will obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Chandler, AZ to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Experience reading electrical one-line diagrams and doing product takeoffs
- Electrical product knowledge
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Skilled in time management
- Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
- Experience working with Bidmanager and Vista
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time