Eaton Corporation has an opening for a:
Employee & Labor Relations Specialist
Location: Morges (CH) or Nanterre (FR)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will directly report to the Director for ELR Corporate EMEA and you will be asked to:
• Support initiatives that require Employees and Labour Relations expertise within the cluster France, Belgium and Luxemburg, being the “center “ of this cluster; and also coordinate some other countries in EMEA Region (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Africa).
• Ensure that labour relations practitioners are properly trained and that all policies and practices are legally compliant and consistent with the Eaton Philosophy and EBS initiatives
Your key deliverables:
• Provide Labour Relations expertise in business/functional initiatives when and where required within cluster and drive commonality wherever possible (“One Eaton”)
• Structure and develop Employees Relations approach for cluster (which includes close partnership with Legal department and Ethics& Compliance department on employees grievance and litigation)
• Support ER-LR Director in organizational matters and region wide projects, if required
• Coordination of all the ELR activities, training and programs to strengthen the organization capability including developing the ELR archives and actualize its content, whenever necessary
• Act as a central point of contact for ELR on safety matters within the cluster
• Stay abreast of Works Council/Trade union activities in labour relations within the cluster.
• Ensure monitoring of E&LR legislation and practices in the cluster and advise organization accordingly.
What we are looking for:
• Masters’ degree in labor law or industrial relations or equivalent experience
• Approx.7 years of Job-related experience
• Substantial labor law experience and experienced in dealing with unions, works councils and employee representatives
• Strong knowledge of HR practices/policies acquired while holding HR-operational roles
• High level of soft skills to build robust business-focused relationship and influence others to achieve outcome
• Understanding of the dynamics of operating in a large, highly complex global business environment
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Fluent in French and English, further languages a plus
• Ability to work both independently and in a team
• Willingness to learn and develop personally and professionally
• customer-oriented attitude when dealing with internal clients; responsive and proactive in dealing with questions and concerns
• Ability to present concepts in an effective way and sell these both to management and employees
• Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively within often competing deadlines and within budget, which requires to analyse data and make recommendations related to area of specialty
• Capacity to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs
• Flexible and available to travel within the cluster as needed
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Emploi: Ressources Humaines
Région: Europe, Moyen-Orient et Afrique
Organisation: Corporate Sector
Niveau de responsabilité: Non-cadre
Horaire: Temps plein
Est-ce que le télétravail est possible pour ce poste ? (c'est-à-dire travailler depuis chez soi ou depuis un autre site d'Eaton): Oui
Est-ce que les frais de déménagement sont offerts pour ce poste?: Non
Déplacements: Oui, 10 % du temps