District Operations Coordinator
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division is currently seeking a District Operations Coordinator to join our team. This position will be based out of our Morrisville, NC facility.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will schedule and organize field service manpower for all customer jobs within the district
- You will acknowledge all purchase orders, obtain proper insurance certificates and assure that terms and conditions are presented to customer.
- You will reconcile all purchase orders with the in-house negotiations to assure matching between promises and expectations.
- You will open orders on system to gather, track and reconcile costs associated with jobs.
- You will issue purchase orders via Oracle Purchasing System.
- You will accurately reconcile and invoice orders via Oracle Project Costing system.
- You will monitor overtime of the productive workforce and reconcile the overtime with the signed time slips from the customer or from the job cost inventory system.
- You will handle field emergency customer calls to gather critical information and pass it on to appropriate party for action
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer support role
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Morrisville, NC.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, management, finance or accounting
- Minimum three years’ experience with cost accounting and general business experience/background
- Experience with power distribution, control products, as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time