CNC Operator- 2nd Shift
- You will set up and operate computer numerical controlled (CNC) machinery that automatically mills, drills, or otherwise machines Fiberglass material
- You will use all machines commands and controls, and perform adjustments to adhere to established specifications.
- You will monitor work to ensure that machine is not malfunctioning.
- You will make general decisions as to quality, tolerances, and operation sequence including necessary machine adjustments.
- You will be responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification.
- You will drive and support continuous improvements opportunities to process & CNC equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Experience working with CNC or manual machines in a professional or academic setting
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Pinckneyville, IL will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- 3 or more years manufacturing experience
- 3 or more years CNC machining experience
- Experience in wood work, sheet metal fabrication or similar environment
- Sheet metal turret experience
- Certificate or diploma in engineering or a related field
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift 50lbs without assistance on a daily basis, as well as standing on feet up to 8-10 hours per day. Constant use of hands is essential.
- Ability to safely and accurately setup and use a wide variety of quality tools including calipers, micrometers, tape measures, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and operate from basic engineering prints and drawings.
- Ability to identify inserts, cutters and general tooling for specific operations
- Ability to operator an overhead crane and forklift.
- Perform all 5S+ activities and keep immediate work area clean and free from hazards.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No