Material Planner Team Leader
Eaton's Electrical Division has an opening for :
Material Planner Team Leader
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Materials Planning Team Leader is responsible for directing and controlling the flow of materials, maintaining the balance between lowering inventory turns and avoiding production interruptions. In this role, you will analyze and ensure that the proper procurement methods are being used to maximize material availability while minimizing inventory and supply chain cost.
The position reports to the Material Planning Manager Electrical EMEA in Germany.
- Manage a team of up to 10 planners
- Assure team is adhering to EATON Life Saving Rules, ethics and other relevant global and local trainings and perform necessary trainings as direct manager
- Locally drive APEX process within his/her organization
- Creating an archive of standard work procedures
- Deploy capability matrix to ensure business continuity
- Managing the MRP modules of the SAP (Un1ty) System and use its tools to manage material parameters
- Govern processes to improve planning parameters and replenishment strategies
- Managing changing scenarios like seasonality, forecast changes, supply chain changes and deploy the necessary changes
- Continuously improving processes that affect leading indicators
- Integrating MP functions into EATION’s SIOP process
- Working together closely with SIOP team, ES EMEA Material Planning Manager and Performance Manager and affected teams and with supplying plants to improve delivery situation
- Ensuring that planning data (policies and parameters) on the ERP system are accurate and continuously adapted to current scenarios
- Define split between MTS and MTO materials
- Set up and drive an assortment analysis function / organization
- Keeping strong customer focus
- Efficiently follow escalation route within the organization
- Collaboration with Supply Chain Coordinators and with Operational Procurement team - communicate efficiently to have all parties on the same page
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on material planning and team leadership - than please apply
- The nominee must have expert knowledge about SAP R3 production, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Must have experience in a Supply Chain environment where materials are supplied from both internal and external suppliers
- Must have cross-regional focus rather than local focus
- A minimum of 5 years in a material planning or planning related role
- Must speak English fluently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive in offering solutions and making improvements in the process.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement / process improvement
- Lean Six Sigma education preferred
- Travel upto 25% in the EMEA
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time