Braze Operator - 2nd Shift
The Braze Operator will support the operations team by assisting in the quality of product produced in the Heat Treat operation. This position will need to complete all inspections, training, and support projects as needed and required. This position will be on
- You will operate gas and electric furnaces.
- You will consult processes and procedures for proper recipes, instruction, and tooling to ensure quality product.
- You will lead / support continuous improvement projects such as productivity gains, downtime improvements, safety improvements, problem solving, etc.
- You will follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
- You will maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
- You will operate and set up induction machines for brazing and hardening.
- You will select and regulate furnace temperatures for specific treating jobs; visually inspect materials for foreign matter and positioning materials on racks or containers, load furnaces and time prescribed heating cycles to bring material to proper temperatures.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment in a heat treat role.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position.
- Completed ASM related heat treat courses or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience setting up and operating heat treating furnaces.
- Understands Statistical Process Control.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering processes, process sketches, and blueprints.
- Experience with Hardness Test Equipment.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and heat treat recipes.
- Ability to perform visual inspection of parts for quality defects.
- Ability to read micrometers and calipers and use functional gaging such as spline gages.
- Ability to learn technical science and math-based concepts.
- Must be able to use a computer (Windows based) and the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in written as well as oral form.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- Must have the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No