Product Design Technician
- You will evaluate the root causes of engineering change requests, identifying and implementing appropriate corrective action as required in all engineering documentation methods.
- You will participate and gives feedback for standard guidelines for the product line for use in division CAD teams. Assist other drafters in the use of CAD system capabilities.
- You will perform design verification tests as required in the laboratory including authoring test requests based on UL or CSA guidance and summarizing results in a professional manner integrating both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- You will conduct technical work to maximize individual efficiency.
- You will write/modify instruction literature, publications, markings, and labels for new or revised products.
- You will requisition special purchased material as required.
- You will participate in developing and updating department ISO-9001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions as well Eaton’s Safety Process.
- You will create mechanical and/or electrical designs for products in response to a design specification or as directed by the department manager. These designs may be of a very innovative and creative nature and involve multiple product lines.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Technology or Mechanical Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in product design
- No relocation assistance is being provided; only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Cleveland, TN will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience using AutoCAD, Inventor 3Dmodeling,Metamation, Enovia V6 PLM
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time