Maintenance Mechanic A (2nd Shift)
Eaton in Nacogdoches, TX is seeking a full-time Maintenance Mechanic A to work second shift.
The Maintenance Mechanic A will work involving maintenance skills to install, repair and maintain machines, mechanical equipment or structure of the facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role You Will:
- Ensure compliance with all safety and housekeeping practices and company policies and procedures.
- Attend work on a regular basis.
- Construct, install, test, adjusts, dismantle, repair and lay out mechanical, electrical' service equipment, and buildings throughout the facility.
- Work from complex diagrams, schematics, prints, work orders and complies with specifications as required.
- Use hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks to move material and equipment when necessary
- Perform arc and acetylene welding
- Use threading equipment, gear and wheel pullers, lathes, saws, shapers, milling machine, drill presses, electrical conductors, switchers, motors, voltage regulators, electrical test equipment and other related tools and equipment to perform various millwright duties
- Use all tools and measuring instruments familiar to the trade.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- One of the following are required:
- Possess a Certificate or Degree in Industrial Maintenance or a similar field
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program or possess a Journeyman Electrician license
- 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of various types of pumps, pneumatic systems, and hydraulic systems
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to read complicated blueprints and drawings and perform advanced shop math
- Possess knowledge of natural gas heating delivery systems (burners, regulators)
- Must know how to troubleshoot AC/DC motors and possess working knowledge of conveyors, basic knowledge of electrical supply systems (basic wiring and running conduit)
- Perform work requiring good visual acuity; stand for long periods, reach and bend frequently; Wear PPE
- Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No