Eaton Aerospace’s division located in North Charleston, SC has an opening for a Quality Engineer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assess internal capabilities in compliance with management, customer and agency goals and objectives.
- You will develop and improving system and process performance feedback using trend, pareto and other quality tools.
- You will provide a customer interface with respect to quality issues.
- You will control nonconforming material in accordance with Eaton procedures
- You will be responsible for flow down of external/internal quality requirements to all functions.
- You will perform verification and validation of new designs using compliance matrices, 1st articles, capability studies, etc. to ensure compliance to customer requirements and producibility standards.
- You will provide technical direction to Internal Auditors to verify compliance Eaton requirements.
- You will support and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will support the development of test fixtures, inspection fixtures, and determination of gaging needs.
- You will support internal audit requirements in accordance with Eaton procedures.
- You will develop and maintain quality work instructions and procedures.
- You will achieve objectives as detailed by Quality Management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year Quality Engineering experience working with quality systems.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical or Business from an accredited school
- Working Knowledge of AS9100 quality system auditing
- Working Knowledge in aerospace quality processes
- Working Knowledge of drawings and specifications interpretation
- Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement processes
- Working knowledge of Aerospace product and manufacturing processes and inspection techniques.
- Working knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASME Y14.5M.
- Knowledge of machining, gauging, SPC, and APQP.
- Experienced knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Working knowledge of AS9102 First Article requirements.
- Working knowledge of problem-solving techniques - Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process, and FMEA.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work with all operations related departments
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft computer applications.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only