Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
- You will prepare capital and operating cost estimates for new products and changes in existing products by estimating equipment, tooling, and gauging costs. Selects machine production rates and manning requirements.
- You will create manufacturing documentation, including fabrication drawings, process sheets, control plans and tool layouts.
- You will write and submit for approval, appropriation requests for new and replacement equipment, track and report on project spending and review and evaluate product designs and recommend changes to facilitate manufacturing.
- You will develop and update PFMEA’s working with multi-functional teams.
- You will conceptualize, develop, and approve designs of special tools, machines, and gauges for manufacturing processes.
- You will train and inform operators, quality control technicians, front line engineers, and management on improved process techniques and new manufacturing concepts.
- You will work with purchasing and product engineering to develop rough and finish material drawings for purchased material vendors.
- You will meet with and present current equipment, process development, and appropriation spending progress on projects at regular design review committee meetings.
- You will coordinate and perform machine runoffs to measure process and machine capability using SPC at vendor’s and Eaton’s facility and supervise in-house installations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in a machining/manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree
- Tight tolerance grinding experience would be valuable / High Tolerance
- Good Machining background/Demonstrated understanding of machining.
- Experience working with a remote and/or global team
- Demonstrated leadership of project/product launches with global teams
- Experience working within automotive industry
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Participations in audits e.g. 5S, IATF 16949, ISO, LPA, LOTO, observation of behaviors.
- Manages projects when needed and/or actively participates in project teams.
- Assures compliance with applicable Eaton & US Law, policies, EHS procedures, and other programs & procedures in achieving work results; Maintain IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 systems in areas of responsibility.
- Comply with requirements of the Environmental Health and Systems at all supported Eaton locations.
- Train and share knowledge with fellow employees, interns and co-ops when required.
- Prepare and conduct presentations for local plant, division and corporate personnel.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time