- You will apply technical skills for performance and production problem resolution of products and related components with relatively little guidance
- Cost reduction
- Standardization of similar products
- You will follow compliance with ISO requirements.
- You will serve as a technical contact with internal and external customers, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, product support, material, and suppliers insuring their satisfaction.
- You will implement performance, cost, quality and consistency improvements in products and process during and after their design phase.
- You will evaluate data from OEM returned products, and implement improvements to increase the processing yield and quality of the components, minimizing the number of returned units.
- You will evaluate data from mechanical components to implement improvements to increase the producibility of the components, minimizing the assembly and test cycle times.
- You will be prepared to work some extended hours, when necessary, to complete a task.
- You will be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate support of Eaton lean and continuous improvement principles; teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity.
- You will create new and revise existing manufacturing process plans to accomplish manufacturing with the least amount of waste and best quality possible.
- You will develop technical expertise on hydraulic and pneumatic products with emphasis on producibility and first time pass.
- You will collaborate with peers and management to determine key goals, and corresponding metrics, to be completed during a determined period (usually one year).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution, or will complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution by December 2018.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, and continuous improvement techniques.
- Familiarity/experience with continuous improvement and Six Sigma methodology.
- Good technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer based methods and tools.
- Familiarity with SPC principles and methods
- Ability to work well with others in the areas of teamwork and communication.
- Ability to logically solve problems and to keep projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion.
- Involvement in successful process definition and re-engineering, a plus.
- Experience in cross-functional teaming, a plus.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001.
1 year of manufacturing environment experience
Manufacturing experience in a machining environment
Exposure to manual machining or CNC equipment
Managed a small project
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time