Senior Coordinator - Project Operations
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Senior Coordinator - Project Operations to join our team. This position can be based at any of the following Eaton locations: Littleton, CO; Lafayette, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Chandler, AZ; San Diego, CA; City of Industry, CA; Pleasanton, CA; Roseville, CA; Wilsonville, OR; Bellevue, WA.
The National Operations team has a global reach, providing support for key customer bases and our project management staff. This position provides order management support for the Project Operations team, including application engineering, project managers, and sales engineers. The Project Operations team's focus is developing and managing turnkey projects for government, commercial, industrial, and utility customers.
The primary function of this position is to provide Eaton Corporation’s customers and project managers with product, delivery, claims/returns, and project information. This includes managing customer orders, order entry, processing change orders, and tracking orders through to delivery. Successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining accurate order information, validating price, entering and maintaining information in various systems, and managing strategic, large or complex accounts with an emphasis on world class customer service.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will enter orders for equipment or services in multiple systems and tracking to delivery and completion.
- You will gather, track, and reconcile project costs to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- You will proactively communicate in a timely manner with external customers about order verification, order status, pricing and shipment status. Communicate in a timely manner with operations to verify lead times, schedule customer orders according to their delivery needs and communicate special handling requests.
- You will authorize RMA (Returned Material Authorization) requests and issue RMA numbers. Investigate claims by conducting fact-based investigation.
- You will maintain accurate and organized order files, order acknowledgments, and customer contact information.
- You will enter new orders from customers, with emphasis on error-free order management. Enter changes and cancellations using established business rules.
- You will coordinate shipments and communications critical items per orders.
- You will promote customer satisfaction and achieve cycle time reduction through team-based problem solving.
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy, encourage continuous improvement, and build customer relationships.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing orders and interfacing with customers (internal and/or external)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the following locations will be considered: Littleton, CO; Lafayette, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Chandler, AZ; San Diego, CA; City of Industry, CA; Pleasanton, CA; Roseville, CA; Wilsonville, OR; Bellevue, WA.
- Experience coordinating projects and resources
- Experience in an organization fulfilling contract requirements
Position Success Criteria:
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and relations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to be flexible to adjust to changing priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Proficiency in systems software, such as Vista, Oracle, SAP, QlikView, COGNOS, Microsoft Office and various other programs.
- Ability to influence others without direct authority
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No