Eaton’s Omaha Power Center has an immediate opening for a Production Technician on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
The production technician assembles and installs electrical metering, relaying, and transformer components into medium voltage (5-38kv) switchgear assemblies as well as device wiring.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will position and install component parts according to material list and blueprints.
- You will perform all aspects of assembly which includes a wiring task whereby it is necessary to stand, sit, bend and in general assume a number of different positions throughout the day.
- You will utilize manual and automatic crimpers and strippers to crimp wire lugs on the end of the wire.
- You will utilize Point-to-Point wiring diagrams to install all wiring. Routing of wire from one point to the other is a task requiring the ability to plan ahead to avoid rewiring. Wire looms need to be neat and wiring must be accurate.
- You must be able to work off ladders and in tight spaces.
- You must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual, permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 60 miles of Omaha, NE will be considered for this position.
- Minimum 1 year related experience in electrical wiring in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret drawings or wire diagrams.
- Experience in wiring electrical products.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No