Senior New Product Development Engineer
- You will use MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices
- You will design processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer specifications
- You will ensure efficiency tied to capital intensity and human resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools.
- You will work daily with production High Performance Work Teams within focus factories to support on-time delivery of new program hardware.
- You will troubleshoot machine and tooling problems, support the DMR process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implement LEAN concepts, and train production employees on process execution.
- You will design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing CATIA 3D modeling software in addition to other design tools and processes and work with suppliers and procurement team to purchase equipment, tooling, and supplies as required.
- You will create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, technique sheets, and work instructions.
- You will mentor others in manufacturing engineering competencies, production processes, and lean concepts.
- You will work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot issues within fabrication, assembly, and acceptance testing processes.
- You will collect and analyze manufacturing data and to aid in design and process improvements.
- You will manage tooling and equipment expenses supporting project budgets.
- You will utilize AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA.
- You will complete all assigned program activities and tasks in alignment with program/project milestones and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Equipment and tooling design/3D modeling with detailed understand of GD&T.
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience with new program development or advanced manufacturing activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
- Proficient at AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC, FMEA, and PPAP.
- Mechanical and control knowledge applied to equipment design and troubleshooting.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Experience in tube bending, welding, metal forming, and assembly
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time