Manager Engineering Actuation
Job Title: Manager Engineering Actuation #058316
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Manager Engineering Actuation within FMC Aerospace Group , based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center within FMC Aerospace Group
Your essential responsibilities:
· In 2003, Eaton Corporation, USA embarked on a journey to set up a best-in-class Innovation center in Pune – the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC). The center has completed its first phase of growth and has emerged as a major product engineering, design development center for Eaton’s global customers – primarily in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
· EIIC – Aerospace group has opening for Engineering Manager – Aerospace. Person in this position will be responsible for leadership and management of engineering department within FMC Aerospace group for the engineering team and planning work, filling jobs, assigning work, developing, motivating, coaching of team members, measuring the work of others and driving quality management system & responsible for the quality of engineering deliverables related to Electro-Mechanical Actuation control products.Person will also be responsible for building organizational capabilities and capacity, strategy development, alignment, developing and deploying systems and processes aligned to strategy.
· Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for Actuation product Engineers and related CoE team at EIIC to develop innovative designs that meets all requirements for performance, reliability, safety, cost and manufacturability.
· Drive growth in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in mechanical design as well as adjacent technology areas
· Act as a technical mentor and expert tech reviewer. Review and approve design proposals based on requirements/statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers.
· Continuously develop and enhance the technical capabilities of the teams to provide best in class design in line with present and future business needs.
· Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide timely status and reports to stakeholders.
· Participate in the creation of technology road map based on Product/COE Strategy globally and deploy them within the group and build organization’s capability.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders globally to enhance the value proposition and quality of the engineering deliverables.
· Manage and develop talent: identify, attract and develop key engineering talent for the organization.
· Drive employee survey action plans to attain high level of employee engagement & managerial effectiveness.
· Drive culture of innovation with focus on patent, disclosures and high-impact ideas.
· Develop six sigma initiatives within the group to improve quality, speed of execution
· Deploy organizational process in the team including engineering processes (DFMEA, DFSS, etc,) Eaton corporate process (PreLaunch, PROLaunch, ACES, APEX, EBE etc), and applicable governmental processes (ITAR, EAR), and patent related activities.
If you are:
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent qualifications)
• Demonstrated experience in leading technical engineering organization.
• Minimum 8+ Years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization.
• Demonstrated experience in leading/ managing technical
• Leading product & technology full life cycle development experience with associated test planning, qualification testing procedures.
• Developing multi generation technology and product development plans
• Developing positive customer relations, participation in Technology events with customers
• Hands on experience with Manufacturing process, Customer interface, Continuous improvement methodologies, DFX hands-on application
• Experience working with a global team
• In depth knowledge and hands on with Mechanical Actuators, Gears/Transmission Design, Electro-mechanical products and systems, electrical motors, controls product and/ or other types of Aircraft control system / components.
• Experience working with Aerospace or Industrial actuation (hydraulic / electrical / pneumatic) systems.
• Proficiency in use of DFSS methodology and associated technical decision making
• A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the execution is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally.
• The position requires the incumbent to be highly proficient in engineering skills, project management and documentation with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, thus enabling first time right product development and execution of NPI/VAVE/Cost out concepts.
• Strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time