VP of Finance - Power Systems Division
Eaton Corporation, located in Waukesha, WI, has an opening for a Vice President of Finance-Power Systems Division. The primary function includes, but is not limited to, providing strategic, analytical, and tactical leadership and support to the Division President, to maximize profitable growth and support the larger strategic initiatives of the power systems division and the Electrical Systems and Services Group (ESSG). This position is responsible for building organizational capability within the Finance function and to provide financial leadership and direction to the operations and its leadership team in the pursuit of business goals and objectives. The ideal candidate is an action-oriented critical thinker, attentive to detail yet able to synthesize information quickly, skilled in driving process improvements, demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results within a cross functional, growing, and profitable business. The successful candidate will consistently demonstrate the ability to lead and influence a geographically dispersed team through a positive and supportive approach, while driving compliance to financial policies and holding team members accountable for performance expectations.
Coordinate all business level planning and reporting activities including monthly results, monthly rolling forecast, profit planning, strategic planning, and operating review requirements
Review performance metrics with group and sector management. Analyze financial forecasts and results to determine and recommend profit and/or cash flow improvement opportunities
- Actively participate in key monthly business operating rhythm for the business to help drive execution of our profit plan and longer term strategy.
- Provide financial analysis, insight, interpretation, and communication to senior management to identify opportunities for profitability improvement – customer, sales, marketing, pricing/mix, new product development, operations, supply chain. Prioritize opportunities and provide leadership to the cross functional teams to address areas for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with SOX, GAAP, and Eaton Financial Policy including integrity of all Balance Sheet items.
- Develop Finance functional excellence and stability thru deployment of organizational model that aligns personnel with requirements of a global business.
- Provide financial leadership on a variety of strategic business projects – large commercial/pricing decisions, M&A or partnership opportunities, multi-generational product plans, supply chain optimization, new business opportunities, etc.
- Build organizational capability by developing the broader financial acumen of the team through monthly operating rhythm, reporting, special projects and training and building development plans for all finance employees and succession plans for the financial organization.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s aspirational goals, and encourages continuous improvement
- Minimum of 15 years work experience in progressive finance/accounting roles
- BA/BS Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Strong financial reporting, analysis and presentation skills.
- Experience in financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking capability.
- Proven leadership capability, ability to build and develop teams, excellent communication skills.
- Strong financial reporting, analysis and presentation skills
- Experience in financial forecasting and modeling
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Masters or MBA preferred.
- Prefer experience with SAP financials
- Prior experience leading financial teams in Mexico
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time