Continuous Improvement Manager
Main responsibilities center on the creation of a learning environment, focus with Lean and Six Sigma strategies and robust problem solving techniques, which will lead to improvements in organizations safety, operational performance, customer service levels and overall financial health. This position is also responsible for leading the execution and deployment of robust manufacturing processes and continuous improvement/manufacturing efficiency initiatives across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum 5 years of experience in continuous improvement manufacturing operations.
3 years of people and project management experience.
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA plant will be considered for this position.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution
• Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
• Prior work experience in different functions is preferred to ensure this CI Manager sees the linkages between functions, impact of functional decisions downstream and how multiple functions work within a value stream.
• Demonstrated experience in Lean and Six Sigma manufacturing methodology, techniques and roadmaps.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in continuous improvement methods, strategic management, project management and an ability to have fun while successfully deploying the tools.
• Excellent communication skills, proven capability to lead change in a team environment
• Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
• Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications like MS Office suite and Sharepoint.
• Knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support plant competencies.
• Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams across the organization.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time