Requirement of this position is to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product and /or system testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the Corporate Research & Technology team and hydraulic product engineering functions together . The position requires to :
a) Perform installation of mechanical setups: sound knowledge of hydraulics
b) Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Hydraulic test stand and complete test requests within acceptable time.
c) Perform the test of hydraulic component such as Pump, Valves, Duct, Couplings and fitting as per the mentioned process (customer specified or as per DO 160 standard)
d) Perform the test for vibration and shock as per DO160 standard.
e) Provide the recommendations to product team on design improvement based on the test results.
f) Should able to trouble shoot and update the test stand for any new test requirement or standard
g) Should design the test circuit and build the same for testing.
h) Standardization of test procedures in test lab and adhere to ISO standards
i) Implement EBE processes (DMAIC / Lean) successfully in Lab. Improve productivity by standardization and continuous improvement
j) Create SOP’s and processes / procedures for Individual test stands and implement in Lab and i
k) Provide technical leadership to the test lab technician team and perform quality checks to ensure testing meets Eaton / Customer / International standards
l) The essential function of this position will be understanding customer requirements and help set up flow for technicians on test engineering activities for product validation
m) Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments.
n) Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
o) Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
Implement and monitor FRACAS for the test lab.
1. Analyzing mechanical assembly issues related to hydraulics components is most preferred.
2. Exposure in conducting vibration test and using the vibration shaker
3. Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
4. Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
5. Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
6. Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer
7. Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
8. Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
9. Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
- EIIC targets on utilization of equipment through OEE, On Time Delivery and First Pass Yield etc.
- Be part of Eaton’s Zero Incident Safety Culture and achieve EIIC safety goals through timely action plan closure identified through various internal safety audits i.e. SSD, JSA & GEMBA etc.
- Continuous improvement through KAIZENS for cost reduction & productivity improvement etc.
The need for properly maintained and calibrated test stands and systems is an immeasurable but essential statistic to provide the best and most accurate test results. Accurate test results will assist in the achievement of the earliest possible “time to market” strategy used in the product engineering function when evaluating the performance of newly developed products, or that of existing products with minor or major modifications, to satisfy customer requirements.
QualificationsBE in Mechanical, Aerospace , Automotive engineering with 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience
· Experience in using vibration test bench for conducting vibration testing
· Good working knowledge of Hydraulic components and systems
· Experience in assembly and tear down of hydraulic systems
· Experience in trouble shooting and problem solving for test stand
· Experience in test circuit design as per the requirement.
· Safety & Quality Management Practices
· Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time