Test & Validation Engineer- eMobility
- You will be responsible for requirements analysis and testability review
- You will provide effort and schedule estimates and manage critical path tasks to ensure on time test completion
- You will develop validation test plans and detailed test procedures using different methods as needed e.g. success based test methods, extended life test methods, test to failure test methods, and overstress test methods, etc.
- You will work with the teams concerned to identify causes of non-conformance and participate and contribute to design reviews, DFMEA, code reviews, etc.
- You will design and build test hardware and software necessary to validate the products. This includes, but not limited to, developing test methods and specifying test fixtures, writing test software & scripts, designing cables, and applying engineering guidance as required.
- You will manage external test laboratories to conduct tests to achieve certifications by specifying the standards and applicable tests, preparing test samples, providing product information, and approving test reports
- You will specify Production Test System (PTS) requirements, test plans, and manage the subcontractor from RFQ evaluation to acceptance testing to deliver the PTS to production as part of the product launch
- Minimum of an Engineering Diploma and (5)five years or more of engineering experience in test & validation of electronic control equipment OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and (2)two or more years of engineering experience in test & validation of electronic control equipment
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not available for this role. Candidates must currently reside within an 80 km radius of the Port Coquitlam, BC site.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science with a strong focus on electronic systems from an accredited institution
- Seven years of engineering experience in testing & validation of electronic control equipment
- Experience in RF technologies, testing, and measurements
- Experience in testing embedded industrial control systems
- Experience with Production Test System design and support
- Familiar with engineering design and development processes
- Strong professional and technical competence
- Be responsible and self-managed, with strong leadership skills driving self and organization to improve performance, be a team player, and display a high level of maturity. Willing to accept challenges, be customer focused, and highly motivated.
- Experience with design of automated test systems to test hardware and software to shorten test task duration
- Experience with product and software release management
- Familiar with certification standards (FCC, IC, CE, ESD, EMC, IP ratings, shock & vibration, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge with handling laboratory electrical equipment for test and debugging
- Experience with basic circuit design and knowledge in microprocessor
- Programming experience in C/C++, LabView, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office applications
- Familiar with test equipment: e.g. DMM, power supply, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, environmental test chamber, etc.
- Experience with hand tools, soldering, and wiring techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No