Assembler (2nd Shift)
- You will build sub-assemblies and assemblies using standard operating procedures.
- You will be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly.
- You will utilize various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- You will report irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
- You will ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+.
- You will locate available parts using Kanban system.
- You will assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- You will cross train in various assembly areas while providing work coverage as needed.
- You will utilize hand and power tools to complete assemblies and subassemblies, including but not limited to saw, multiple spindle drill and wire brush.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Six months experience in customized mechanical assemblies.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of Brooklyn, OH will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAT. ITAR/EAT defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, industrial, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience and ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures.
- Previous experience and ability to remove burrs and sharp edges from parts using hand tools and wire brush
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings)
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime as required
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and conflict management ability
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly throughout work shift
- Ability to frequently stand or bend during the assembly process
- Ability to follow detailed instruction and learn the operation of moderately complex machinery
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No