Eaton is currently seeking a Compensation Specialist to join our Corporate Compensation team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio facility. Relocation will be provided for this role.
The Compensation Specialist will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of variable pay and reward & recognition programs for Eaton employees globally, providing day-to-day support and direction on these programs and their supporting tools. The Compensation Specialist will report into the Vice President, Compensation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a subject matter expert on variable pay plan technology tool and supporting processes, as well as manage the annual, global awards calculation process
- You will advise and support the processes to conduct variable pay plan effectiveness evaluations
- You will provide analytical and research support as needed within the compensation and rewards and recognition functional area; including market assessments, variable/sales incentive pay plans, and ad hoc analyses
- You will perform analytics and reporting related to variable pay plans and rewards & recognition programs (e.g., E-STAR, service awards, etc.)
- You will assist in the development, delivery, and maintenance of compensation and rewards & recognition-related educational and communication programs including presentations, seminars, webcasts, and websites. This will include identifying training needs within the HR function and developing and delivering programs to address these needs
- You will partner with Accounting, Tax and Law departments to effectively account for plans and assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in a human resources role
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
Position Success Criteria:
- In addition to technical skills, candidate must have demonstrated strong customer service and organizational skills. Must understand related ties to and work with Eaton’s accounting, payroll, tax and law functions.
- Position also requires a basic understanding of executive compensation regulatory environment, including: deferral laws; SEC regulations; and, Federal, State and local tax laws.
- Candidates should have experience in analytical roles in support of senior-level decision making, with high-level administration of key corporate programs and experience in interacting with multiple types of customers / vendors, including senior managers and outside service providers
- Candidates must be able to effectively communicate ideas and thoughts to people at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong, proactive problem solving and drive for result skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, use of created databases and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience of Human Resources Management Systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time